I have had the opportunity to redo a home from top to bottom, to prepare it for vacation rentals. While the property is on the Cape, I was feeling very inspired by Provence, and wanted to use that vibe to
- This birdcage was the first thing I purchased for the house; I loved its whimsical feel and ended up choosing the wallpaper to complement it! This might be my favorite room in the house.
- The daybed in the "birdcage room". I love this shot; very romantic. The bed linens are Laura Ashley - a company I haven't really thought about much since the 80's...I'm so glad to have rediscovered them!
- I loved this wallpaper for the boldness of the design, and the hydrangeas which are everywhere on the Cape. I chose a very neutral bedspread so as to not compete with the walls.
- I chose the striped wallpaper (Laura Ashley again - who knew?!) to go with the porthole windows. I wanted to keep the feel of the room quite neutral, so chose this patchwork comforter set to add a little color and some visual interest without being too loud.
- The master bedroom, on the first floor. This has an ensuite bathroom as well. I find this wallpaper to be very soothing, and wanted to pick up the yellow in the bedspread, to add a little sunshine to the space.
- Looking from the living room over to the dining and kitchen areas. This sofa from Boston Interiors is one of the comfiest I have ever sat on; perfect for afternoon naps as well! The rug is an indoor-outdoor, from Frontgate, the pillows are a mix of Pottery Barn and One Kings Lane. The mercury glass lamp in the background is from Ballard Designs. I chose some black accents throughout to help ground the space a bit.
- You can see the pale lavender walls in the background here. The dining table is a sort of farmhouse style, from Restoration Hardware; the chairs are RH as well.
- The kitchen: we did very little to this space, besides painting the walls. I loved the cobalt countertop and echoed that with the exterior door color - and the beach chairs!